Thursday, September 3, 2015

Moving Mountains



September 1, 2015 – a Tuesday. The lead pastor at our former church has always said that “closet prayers change lives, but group prayers changes communities.” Well, this just proved itself to be true today!

Last week I really felt that the Holy Spirit told me to ask my close friends and family members to specifically pray for our daughter so that things may change in her case, so that we may bring her home. The Lord has been waking me up lately in the wee morning hours, calling me to Him. I always know when God does this as no one can wake me up in the middle of the night so gently or peacefully as He. Also, when I get up and read His Word, I am never tired or groggy when I arise again at our normal wake up time. Crazy, right?! I know, He’s kind of awesome like that. 

So, this week, I sent a text message to close friends and family asking that they pray specifically for our daughter this week. We need to see some movement. Everyone replied acknowledging that they would remember her in their prayers. Today, a well-known pastor asked me to be his FaceBook friend. I have never met this person, mind you, but he sent me a request. I accepted, he then replied with a prayer and told me that  God told him to intercede in prayer for 20 people today and that I was one of those 20!! What?! How is this even possible? How has he ever even heard of me? 

I’m sorry, but I have to just dig into this piece. You have got to understand this. The Bible assures us that God has no favorites. However, has anyone besides me ever wondered if certain pastors, teachers or church workers might just get a front row seat at a Heavenly worship service? I mean, in my little human head, some people are just better believers than me. Well, this is one such person. This pastor is a well-known, widely accepted in the Christian world, author, preacher person. 

I responded that we were already so blessed, then decided, “oh, what the heck! He’s asking, so here we go!” I told him briefly about the obstacles in bringing our daughter home. I told him that we miss her and just need mountains to move. He replied with several meaningful, powerful scripture verses.  He was kind, assuring, and then wished me a good day. 

About an hour later, I was having breakfast when the Baby Home Director contacted me via FaceBook and told me that she had good news! Here is where I have to “go vague” again- I apologize. Our daughters’ biological family has agreed to move forward in taking critical steps in moving forward in the adoption process! The “when” and “how”, I am not sure about; however, there has been MOVEMENT! All family members agreed that this step needs to take place. Ah, Amen! Thank you, Jesus! Now, again, we will have to wait. Ugh, tough word around this house! But, we will wait expectantly, content in knowing that all will work out. Things are getting done. It is well with my soul. Today, I celebrate no revel in God’s amazing surprises and in His love for our daughter and our family!

Thank you all for your continued prayers. Please, pray that things will continue to “move” in Uganda. We still have quite a few hurdles to clear, but this is a positive step!

1 comment:

  1. WaHOOOOO!! Mountain moved! Let's move the rest of them now!

    ReplyDelete